Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book List 2013

I really like making lists, just in case you missed that.  Seriously, lists can help keep me in line and not rush ahead of myself.  They help boost my spirits when I mark things off and they make life easier by only having to remember once.

I started making lists of books to read each season/year a few years back and it increased the number of books I finished dramatically!  I highly recommend it to anyone looking to increase their reading time.  I keep a master list in excel that probably has close to 200 books listed.  If anyone recommends a book or I see one that looks interesting, I add it to my master list.  I go to that list to make my yearly or seasonal lists.  I also note what year I read it and highlight the ones I've completed as sort of a reading log.

So, here is what I am going to try to read this year.  I read over 50 books last year, but have no doubt that it won't happen again this year.  We've got a lot of plans this year that will make reading that much a little harder.  Unless you count books for school--that seems to be what type of reading I do these days!


Not a huge list, but a doable one.  I'll be adding several more that will be for book club, but those have not been decided just yet.  Have you read any good books lately?


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love having a nice big stack of books to look forward to reading, don't you? I just bought "Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey" and am itching to read it, although I promised myself I would save it for my upcoming trip this weekend. Can't wait to dive in!

tonsil stones problems said...

that's a great list. thank you so much for posting.