Monday, January 14, 2013

Bunkbeds Built For Two

or even three...


One of our house projects for 2012 was to get bunkbeds built for the girls.  These were no simple bunkbeds, but bunkbeds on steroids!






And Alex built them.  All by himself because his wife knows what he is capable of if he puts his mind to it.  She is also a touch lazy.  But I did hold things up so he could screw them together.


Anyway, these turned out better than I could have imagined and the girls love them!  We drew straws to see who go to sleep up top first.  They will take it a week at a time.  But I do think the person on bottom will enjoy her little cave-like sleeping area as much as the one on top!


We are in the process of putting the finishing touches on their room.  But with three female opinions (and only one who will be paying for it) it may be tougher than I expected.

And now I just have to decide what Alex needs to build next.  Actually our playroom will soon go through a pretty neat transformation, but I'll share more on that in the coming months.

2 comments:

Julie Cleveland Bowers said...

These look awesome! Great job everyone!!! Does Alex do contract work???

Amber said...

I love it! I'm now wishing Aric had built ours!!!