Thursday, August 29, 2013

A New Book

If the post earlier this week about starting a class once a week was entitled "A New Chapter," I felt like this one should be considered a whole new book!


Tonight I am anxious as I prepare to enter a new phase of our lives tomorrow.  We will be arriving very early at the hospital on Friday to deliver our third child.


The emotions have run the gamut this week from fear (surgically speaking) to more fear (emotionally speaking).  I've had two c-sections in the past and never gave it much thought, but after being totally put to sleep for another surgery last year I find myself to be a little more fearful these days.  And fear from an emotional standpoint is normal I would think when it's been a while since we've done this.  But I know God is the Great Comforter and will give me peace.


The logistical things are done--school work, house work, bags packed, clothes ready to put on, etc.  And for that I am grateful.  I just need to come to terms with the fact these are the last few hours as a family of four. 


The girls are extremely excited and their excitement is contagious.  I have not felt all that great today, but I know tomorrow will be better!  Prayers appreciated for an easy delivery, healthy baby, and quick healing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

God is with you, my sweet friend! I am praying you will feel His presence with you as you welcome this baby! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Amber said...

Hope all is going well. Still praying for you guys!